Last night Nini keep calling to be fed.
So what i did is, i pick her up and transfer her into our house.
For one week, i was too busy with work, too tired and always collapse at the bed after reaching home.
Only last night i got the chance to hold and snuggle Nini.
I notice her belly is super huge and she was pretty 'heavy'.
I weighted her, and her last weight roughly 450-500g.
And the weight today hits 800g-850g.
I took my time to feel her belly.
I spend like15-20 mins to feel the babies kicking, moving and shifting places.
And I notice the babies are already growing teeth as there's a 'gritting' sounds.
hehehe
Quoted from a website.
"The babies are unusually large and fully-furred and capable of walking about.
Furthermore, they possess teeth and open eyes at this time."
So i expected the due date should be roughly this week or next week.
Being pampered =)
Wish me the best and hopefully Nini and her babies will be fine!
;)
Note: Nini currently being placed in a laundry basket for us to monitor her birth, in case she got any difficulties (since it was her first pregnancy).
Random picture from google.
A pregnant Guinea Pig that hardly able to move.
She delivered 6 pups in a back-to-back pregnancy.

I really hope Nini wont grow her belly this large. Kinda freaky...
*Updated*
How many furry babies will Nini deliver?
Lets Guess.
Me: Four.
Buzz: Three.
Others?
4 comments:
awwwwww, so lovely!
Nini is quite big non? cant wait for the pichas of the mum n d babies~ (≧▽≦)y
One baby guinea pig for me popping up. Wow, the belly of the guinea pig in d last pic looks freakishly big!
Based on experience, how many babies you reckon that Nini will give birth to?
she's quite big, i had to handle her with care. Usually i grab her neck and upper torso with one grab and place my other palm on her back legs. but since she's so pregnant, i actually had to scooped her up and place my palm under her belly instead of legs.
She kinda like the way i place my hands under her tummy and she didnt move much when i rub2 and try to feel the babies.XD .. Nini is just 5-6months old. I cant imagine that i brought her back as a baby and suddenly she become a mother! XD.
Btw, try to guess how many she will deliver? this is my 2nd GP got pregnant.
for the first GP, Lisa, i didnt aware she's pregnant alto i did had a guess on it.
Lisa deliver 2 babies, 1 died during birth, and the 2nd died 3 days after birth due to unknown reason.
For Nini, I would bet she will deliver at least 3..but i try my luck, i bid Four.=)
What say you?
Aww Nini IS preggers after all ;)
And yeah the GP in the last pic does look scary!
Hmm, I would guess 3 babies? hehe 1for Khalis' bday present, right? =D
Post a Comment