The Purpose of Life is Life of Purpose

I wanna break free.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

DIY: Little Hats

My little Project during weekends.

Little Hats


Planned to do so after i saw these here and here.
(Well of course, its not 100% the same DIY material by Yasmine Tan.)

Here's what I've used:

Material:
1. Nivea Deodorant cap (recycle)
2. Clothes (recycle old clothes. Ask your mum if she had any leftovers or simply raid your wardrobe for unused clothes).
3. Ribbons or Laces (recycled it from many many things; Old clothes, Cards, Gifts, etc)
4. Thin Wire
5. Thin Sponge (also recycled but i forgot where did i get it)
6. Mesh @ Netting (Recycled from flower wrapper that i've received million years ago.)
7. Cardboard (I recycled from Pos Express's envelope taht i received for my online purchase).
8. Gift paper @Crepe paper (recycled from flower wrapper that i've received million years ago.)
9. Little deco (anything! buttons, chains, flower brooches, beads, plastic flower, etc etc etc.)

Tools:
1. Pencil/Pen/Marker
2. Ruler
3. Scissor (Sharp one)
4. Glue Gun
5. UHU



30% of the first Lil Hat in Purple. Im using Satin as my main material.
This Lil Hat made from 3 parts. What you see above is only the top part.


Now I'm moving to the bottom part.
Add thin sponge to make it look more 'solid' and to get that 'expensive look'.
Wrap with Satin.


Oh yea, I use Little Maketto's hat as my guideline.


Now 3 parts of it had glued together using UHU.
Not too shabby lah. I know I'm not that neat when doing crafting works. huhu.


Add laces and ribbons to your likings. hehehe.


My next hat based on these two hats.
Love the ruffles and Mesh/Netting.


This is hat no. 2. And that's the deodorant cap that i'll be using (after i realize that the purple hat is quite too big for my likings).

This time, it made from two part only, and im using crepe paper, mesh @ netting, some deco, and glued it together using glue gun.


Here's the result. TWO different little hats.
Clearly i think the smallest one look the best. heehee.
And too bad, both hats being taken by my little sisters.
=D
I'm saving about RM 20.00 for each hats!

.
.
.
.

Next...

Little Cupboard

Material and Tool: Same as above!


I'm thinking this little cupboard could serve me good as my office equipment (to store large paper clips, etc , etc) or maybe to store my huge ring collection.
Made from 2 boxes.
Cut half of the big box to serve as a drawer. And glued the half piece to the new box.


I glued the sponge to add that 'luxury' feeling.


And i test drive it with my purple satin.
It looks nice but because of the extra smooth material, i got a hard time(really) to make it 'stay' without any crumple effects.
(p/S: btw, my laptop's palying Alien Vs Monster Movie )


This how it looks like when the drawer is closed.
Thought of adding cute brooch as the drawer's handle.


And i finally decided to remove the Satin as it look too messy. I cant sew the Satin into the box, and if I glue it, it will only make the worst as Satin will not stay 'firm'. (Sorry for my horrible Manglish)
.
.
.

But this cupboard got to be postponed due to:

*Its already 6am on Sunday Morning (been doing it since10pm).
* Glue Gun rosak lor. The wire burned and got smoked and i got freak out. hehe
*Runout of UHU glue
*Need to dig more suitable clothes to replace the Satin.
*And..sleepy!

XD


No comments:

Something Related...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin